Mars gift application to launch on Facebook
LONDON - An application allowing users to send vouchers for Mars confectionary to friends on Facebook is to launch on Valentine’s Day in the UK.
The application, named Celebrate, means Facebook members can buy a Mars product using Paypal and send a message to a selected friend.
The recipient receives a request for their mobile number and they are then sent an SMS containing a unique voucher ID. Vouchers can be scanned and redeemed at participating retailers with PayPoint.
Celebrate is being hailed as the first time real gifts can be exchanged via the social networking site (P&I January). The follows the recent surge in brands offering virtual incentives to consumers through the Facebook site (P&I January).
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Customer Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London
- Graphic Designer Brand Recruitment £28000 per annum + benefits, Newmarket
- Senior Art Director - Experiential Network Career Consultants £40000 - £45000 per annum, London