Branding: Design choice - Liberation Nuts
With so much conflicting buzz about fairtrade products, and so many brands jostling to stake their claims on the ethical high ground, it is easy for consumers to become confused about which ones they can trust.
But Liberation Nuts, recently launched by Twin Trading, the company that helped found Divine Chocolate, stands out as an example of a brand that places ethics at the core of an organisation.
The name alone suggests a brand that is about making a difference and changing the status quo. The effect is heightened by the elegant, humorous packaging, which features two nut characters holding placards designed to get their message across.
This light-hearted approach is what really makes an impression - it is bold, attention-grabbing and suggests an organisation that is not afraid to stand up and be counted; you can really imagine those placards at a fairtrade rally or demonstration.
When my research resulted in the discovery that the nut-growers own more than 40% of the company, I also couldn't help but think how fantastically the brand identity embodies the company ethos.
I am delighted to see that fresh, genuine brands such as Liberation still have enough space to make their mark in an increasingly cynical marketing environment. Oh, and the nuts taste fantastic, too.
Design: Pemberton & Whitefoord.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)