Embedded technology makes online ad debut
LONDON - A revolutionary advertising technology has been used for the first time online, according to the company behind the ads.
Semi-Pro...embedded in ITN coverage
MirriAd, a leading embedded advertising provider, used new embedding technology to promote the new Will Ferrell movie, Semi-Pro.
Images promoting the film were subtly grafted onto showbiz content filmed by ITN On, the online division of ITN.
Mark Popkiewicz, CEO of MirriAd, said: "Online publishers have been searching for a way to advertise in online content in a way that does not alienate viewers and cause them to click away.
"MirriAd's embedded advertising inserts brands and images seamlessly into any kind of digital content - from online to movies - and can be targeted at any geography or demographic."
In the ITN content, a film board promoting the movie has been added behind a reporter talking about the Oscars.
In another film, the film's name has been grafted onto film of a reporter's clipboard.
Nicholas Wheeler, Managing Director of ITN On says: This is a revolutionary way of getting over the issues surrounding pre-roll advertising allowing consumers to enjoy the content without intrusion and the content producer to make money from a new advertising stream. "
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex