Embedded technology makes online ad debut
LONDON - A revolutionary advertising technology has been used for the first time online, according to the company behind the ads.
Semi-Pro...embedded in ITN coverage
MirriAd, a leading embedded advertising provider, used new embedding technology to promote the new Will Ferrell movie, Semi-Pro.
Images promoting the film were subtly grafted onto showbiz content filmed by ITN On, the online division of ITN.
Mark Popkiewicz, CEO of MirriAd, said: "Online publishers have been searching for a way to advertise in online content in a way that does not alienate viewers and cause them to click away.
"MirriAd's embedded advertising inserts brands and images seamlessly into any kind of digital content - from online to movies - and can be targeted at any geography or demographic."
In the ITN content, a film board promoting the movie has been added behind a reporter talking about the Oscars.
In another film, the film's name has been grafted onto film of a reporter's clipboard.
Nicholas Wheeler, Managing Director of ITN On says: This is a revolutionary way of getting over the issues surrounding pre-roll advertising allowing consumers to enjoy the content without intrusion and the content producer to make money from a new advertising stream. "
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER - Integrated Shoreditch Agency - Financial Services - £30-38k Judi Patton £30k-38k, Shoreditch, London
- Head of Inbound (SEO and Content) dmpeople Between £60,000 and £80,000 plus bonus and benefits, London
- Regional Shopper & Market Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 per annum, Asia
- International Trade Planning Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 per annum, London