Embedded technology makes online ad debut
LONDON - A revolutionary advertising technology has been used for the first time online, according to the company behind the ads.
Semi-Pro...embedded in ITN coverage
MirriAd, a leading embedded advertising provider, used new embedding technology to promote the new Will Ferrell movie, Semi-Pro.
Images promoting the film were subtly grafted onto showbiz content filmed by ITN On, the online division of ITN.
Mark Popkiewicz, CEO of MirriAd, said: "Online publishers have been searching for a way to advertise in online content in a way that does not alienate viewers and cause them to click away.
"MirriAd's embedded advertising inserts brands and images seamlessly into any kind of digital content - from online to movies - and can be targeted at any geography or demographic."
In the ITN content, a film board promoting the movie has been added behind a reporter talking about the Oscars.
In another film, the film's name has been grafted onto film of a reporter's clipboard.
Nicholas Wheeler, Managing Director of ITN On says: This is a revolutionary way of getting over the issues surrounding pre-roll advertising allowing consumers to enjoy the content without intrusion and the content producer to make money from a new advertising stream. "
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Copywriter fishtank 25k to 40k per year GBP, Marlow, Buckinghamshire
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Head of Marketing fishtank 45k to 60k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Senior Account Executive fishtank Up to 24,000, United Kingdom
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...