Private sector benefits from Swan hire
Machinery hire service aimed at private sector contractors
Private contractors, landscape gardeners, sports clubs and golf courses can benefit from Swan Plant Services’ short-term hire and contract hire schemes through a new service aimed at the private sector. Celebrating its 10th anniversary, the Knutsford-based firm made the announcements at IoG Saltex last week and also launched a series of support initiatives for councils. The service will trade under the name Swan Direct, with a dedicated team operating through the company’s network of depots. “The fleet of 6,000 machines enables contractors to employ large, expensive machines, such as ride-on mowers and chippers,” said Swan chairman Ted Mitchell. “Hiring from Swan also enables contractors to benefit from the latest technological advances in grounds care equipment.” New services aimed at local authority customers include training, health and safety, and equipment maintenance programmes. “We believe grounds maintenance will follow the construction industry in legally requiring all operatives to prove their competency with all relevant equipment before they can work,” said Mitchell. Swan Plant Services is also expected to open a new depot in London during 2004.
This article was first published on Horticulture Week
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)