UK basketball site set to launch
LONDON - A new UK basketball website is being launched by former heads at UKTVSlam and streetball.co.uk.
The site will mix traditional basketball news and features and regular video content from the world of basketball.
It will also feature blogs, podcasts and user generated content, delivering the world of international basketball to an online audience in the UK and beyond.
Molten Sports, a global basketball manufacturer and Cheerleader Productions, an independent production company based at MTV in London, have both signed as key project partners ahead of the site's launch.
Basketball 24/7, launching on 31st March, is the brainchild of James Harris Hogarth, former editor of UKTVSlam and a new media consultant for Channel 4, and Greg Tanner, the founder of streetball.co.uk and a SKY News and ITN producer.
Their mission is to connect with the established basketball audience, serving up NBA, FIBA and BBL content, while introducing a younger generation to the game through features on schools, clubs and outdoor basketball.
Site contributors already include Mark Woods (The Guardian, talkSPORT, Chicago Tribune), who will host a regular podcast for the website that will be available online and through iTunes.
Simon Rushworth (The Express, The Star) will provide weekly features and interviews on international and domestic basketball.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London