UK basketball site set to launch
LONDON - A new UK basketball website is being launched by former heads at UKTVSlam and streetball.co.uk.
The site will mix traditional basketball news and features and regular video content from the world of basketball.
It will also feature blogs, podcasts and user generated content, delivering the world of international basketball to an online audience in the UK and beyond.
Molten Sports, a global basketball manufacturer and Cheerleader Productions, an independent production company based at MTV in London, have both signed as key project partners ahead of the site's launch.
Basketball 24/7, launching on 31st March, is the brainchild of James Harris Hogarth, former editor of UKTVSlam and a new media consultant for Channel 4, and Greg Tanner, the founder of streetball.co.uk and a SKY News and ITN producer.
Their mission is to connect with the established basketball audience, serving up NBA, FIBA and BBL content, while introducing a younger generation to the game through features on schools, clubs and outdoor basketball.
Site contributors already include Mark Woods (The Guardian, talkSPORT, Chicago Tribune), who will host a regular podcast for the website that will be available online and through iTunes.
Simon Rushworth (The Express, The Star) will provide weekly features and interviews on international and domestic basketball.
This article was first published on revolutionmagazine.com
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...