AMV and Proximity to retain Royal Mail
Omnicom's Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and Proximity are tipped to retain the £5 million advertising and £4 million direct marketing accounts for Royal Mail.
Although an official decision is not expected until early next week, both agencies are understood to be in advanced procurement conversations with Royal Mail.
AMV BBDO competed against Rainey Kelly Campbell Roalfe/Y&R and Leagas Delaney for the above-the-line business, while Proximity defended the account against EHS Brann, Tequila and Rapier. None of the other competing shops have been engaged in final procurement talks.
The brand strategy, which is held by Wolff Olins, is also under review. A result on this £4 million account is also expected next week.
The appointment will put an end to the lengthy statutory review, which began in October last year. The Omnicom consortium of AMV BBDO, Proximity and Wolff Olins secured the integrated account in June 2003.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London