The Week: Online news - AOL buys Bebo for $850m
AOL has acquired the social networking site Bebo in a $850 million cash deal.
Joanna Shields, the Bebo president, will continue to run the company and will report to Ron Grant, AOL's president and chief operating officer. The founders, Michael and Xochi Birch, are expected to continue to have input into the company. Randy Falco, the chief executive of AOL, claimed that the deal would be good for advertisers. He said: "This positions us to offer advertisers even greater reach and marketers significant insights into the desires and needs of consumers." Bebo has around 40 million users worldwide and is the number three social networking site in the US and the UK.
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...