Innocent ad 'did not exaggerate smoothies benefit'
An ad for Innocent has been cleared of exaggerating the health benefits of smoothies over fruit juice.
Innocent...not guilty of exaggerating fruit benefits
The ad, by Lowe, claimed that smoothies contained more goodness than orange juice, because they included the flesh of the fruit.
The ASA today rejected a complaint by DDB London that the ad had denigrated fruit juice, and exaggerated the benefits of smoothies.
But the authority said: "We considered that viewers were unlikely to infer from the ad that freshly squeezed juice was less beneficial than it was, merely that smoothies could have additional benefits."
The authority also heard evidence from nutrition experts that although a smoothie did not contain the whole fruit, it contained more of the whole fruit than freshly squeezed juice.
The ASA said no further action was necessary.
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...