Branding: Woolworths secures Somerfield presence
Woolworths has formed a partnership with Somerfield to extend its own-label range beyond its own stores.
The high-street retailer is to trial branded concessions offering homewares, toys and home entertainment products in three Somerfield stores. Concessions will be staffed by Woolworths' employees and supported by interior and exterior branding.
In a further eight Somerfield stores, Woolworths Worthit! branded small domestic appliances and homewares will replace the bulk-pack items that are usually located on the supermarket's 'Wall of Value'.
Somerfield will launch reciprocal food concessions offering sandwiches, ready meals, fresh fruits and essential groceries in three Woolworths city-centre branches.
Woolworths claimed that the tie-up is part of a wider strategy to work with third parties to extend the reach of its own-brand products. A spokeswoman said that another 80 of its stores are under consideration for further concession work.
Both Woolworths and Somerfield already lease concessions to Peacocks, while National Schoolwear Centres holds concessions in some Woolworths stores; Robert Dyas holds a similar deal with Somerfield.
Colum Lowe, managing director of retail design agency Caulder Moore, said he does not believe the relationship will be a long-term one. 'There is more in it for Woolworths than Somerfield,' he added.
Woolworths' concessions in Somerfield stores will roll out this month. The supermarket's concessions are expected to appear in Woolworth's stores in the next six months.
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...