Adland's finest drop places on Sunday Times Rich List
The financial fortunes of adland's finest have taken a knock during the past year, according to the latest version of The Sunday Times Rich List, to be published this weekend (27 April).
Sir Martin Sorrell, the WPP chief executive, has slipped from 608th richest in 2007's list to 755th in 2008. The list's compilers measure his wealth at £106 million today compared with £115 million a year ago.
The Saatchi brothers, Lord Maurice and Charles, are ranked 366th in the list, down from 312th in 2007. The Sunday Times puts their joint worth at £220 million, down from £231 million last year.
The media couple Elisabeth Murdoch and Matthew Freud are a new entry in the list of Britain's richest 1,000 people. Their joint wealth of £166 million ranks them 489th.
The publication of the 20th annual Rich List, in this weekend's Sunday Times, will be backed by Britain's Rich List: Give It Away on ITV1. An ad campaign in the UK and in New York's Times Square will also support the publication.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire