Facebook ups its UK ad activities
Facebook UK has hired senior executives from Guardian News & Media and AOL as it continues to expand its commercial activities.
The social network has recruited Josh Smith as head of ISO (inside sales organisation), from Guardian News & Media, where he was national online manager.
In addition, the company has hired Trevor Johnson as head of planning and strategy from AOL where he was senior manager, head of consumer insights.
The appointments come at a crucial time as the company looks to persuade agencies to devote more of their budgets to social networking.
In March, Facebook poached Google executive Sheryl Sandberg to fill its chief operating officer role in an attempt to expand the social networking site globally.
Sandberg left her position as vice-president of global online sales and operations at Google, where she spent six years.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)