Facebook ups its UK ad activities
Facebook UK has hired senior executives from Guardian News & Media and AOL as it continues to expand its commercial activities.
The social network has recruited Josh Smith as head of ISO (inside sales organisation), from Guardian News & Media, where he was national online manager.
In addition, the company has hired Trevor Johnson as head of planning and strategy from AOL where he was senior manager, head of consumer insights.
The appointments come at a crucial time as the company looks to persuade agencies to devote more of their budgets to social networking.
In March, Facebook poached Google executive Sheryl Sandberg to fill its chief operating officer role in an attempt to expand the social networking site globally.
Sandberg left her position as vice-president of global online sales and operations at Google, where she spent six years.
This article was first published on Media Week
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...