Facebook ups its UK ad activities
Facebook UK has hired senior executives from Guardian News & Media and AOL as it continues to expand its commercial activities.
The social network has recruited Josh Smith as head of ISO (inside sales organisation), from Guardian News & Media, where he was national online manager.
In addition, the company has hired Trevor Johnson as head of planning and strategy from AOL where he was senior manager, head of consumer insights.
The appointments come at a crucial time as the company looks to persuade agencies to devote more of their budgets to social networking.
In March, Facebook poached Google executive Sheryl Sandberg to fill its chief operating officer role in an attempt to expand the social networking site globally.
Sandberg left her position as vice-president of global online sales and operations at Google, where she spent six years.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Planner or Brand Strategist (called Insights Manager internally) Girl Hub. Competitive, Ethiopia (ET)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Brand Partnership Executive - GB Tourism Ireland £28,564 - £34,685 , London
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager Forster c. £40k + benefits, London Bridge Station, London (Greater)
- PR Executive - Maternity Contract AF Selection £24,000 - £30,000, Worcestershire