Nokia launches mobile ad initiative
LONDON - Mobile phone operator Nokia has launched a new initiative that it claims will simplify its network for mobile advertisers by bringing together a range of technologies and marketing applications together through a single interface
The Nokia Advertising Alliance will consist of a consortium of mobile ad companies and brand advertisers interested in expanding their reach on the mobile handset.
Members will work with Nokia to branch into couponing, location-based targeting, image recognition and other emerging ad technologies on the Nokia Media Network, which includes more than 100 mobile publishers, operator partners and Nokia properties.
A range of mobile advertising application firms have been certified as members of the Alliance, including i-movo, Mobile Acuity, Mobiqa, and uLocate, while initial brand advertisers will come from the automotive and entertainment industries.
Mike Baker, vice-president and head of Nokia interactive advertising, said that brands would have the opportunity to deliver immersive and engaging experiences to consumers.
He said: "Succeeding in mobile requires much more than a banner ad alone. The alliance gives brands access to a range of novel mobile ad experiences from one trusted vendor."
This article was first published on Media Week
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
- Senior PPC Account Manager (In-house) Step Ahead Recruitment £30-£40K, Staines, Middlesex
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...