Tesco combines school voucher schemes for computers and sports
LONDON - Tesco is merging its Computers for Schools with its Sport for Schools and Clubs schemes as it looks to offer organisations more choice on how they spend their vouchers.
From next year, consumers will be able to collect general vouchers for equipment ranging from IT and sports kits to health and arts products. Previously the two schemes have been run at different times, with computer vouchers available from March and sport vouchers on offer from September. A name for the new programme has not yet been announced.
The new vouchers will be available for an extended 15-week period and the supermarket is also reorganising the structure of the scheme to ensure that new equipment reaches schools for the start of the academic year.
Customers of the schemes currently receive one voucher for every £10 they spend in a large Tesco store and £5 in a Tesco Express store. The original IT-provision scheme was launched by the supermarket in 1992, while the sport-themed programme followed in 2005.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Global CRM Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000, International/Europe
- Assistant Brand Manager Veritas Partnership Ltd £28000 - £35000 Per Annum plus benefits, M3-A3 Corridor
- Marketing Manager, £40K, TECH Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Salary dependent on exp, London
- Packaging Artworker Periscope Recruitment LLP £28000.00 - £38000.00 per annum, London
- CRM Manager, Netherlands Premier Consultants c.€65k plus bonus, Amsterdam