Virgin Media brings video clips to sports portal
LONDON - Virgin Media has signed a deal to enhance its recently launched daily sports news service by providing video footage of major sporting events.
The company has enhanced its existing relationship with digital sports specialists Perform to show video highlights of premiership football games, as well as news, interviews and action from international tennis, golf, motorsport and other major events through its portal.
Alex Green, managing director of the portal at Virgin Media, said: "We're committed to delivering the very best content to our customers and portal visitors. By leveraging Perform's expertise and resources, Virgin Media will deliver an outstanding multi-sports experience with a wide choice of video content, highlights and editorial."
Drawn from Perform's Omnisport Daily Bulletin, the agreement gives Virgin Media access to a range of on-demand clips from the service.
Perform is handling the day-to-day management of the site including video integration, editorial services and a dedicated content management platform for Virgin Media's Sports portal.
Oliver Slipper, joint chief executive of Perform, said: "We have a long-standing and very successful relationship with Virgin Media and we'll be working closely with the team to ensure an integrated portal offering."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Digital Marketing Manager Salt £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London