Bond's new girl to star in Heineken ads
LONDON - Heineken is using a large swathe of its marketing budget to promote its tie-up with the next James Bond film 'Quantum of Solace' with a global campaign featuring leading lady Olga Kurylenko.
The campaign, which will appear in 40 countries, hits media including TV, cinema and online from next month.
Heineken's tie up with latest Bond marks the fifth time that the premium beer brand has teamed up with the popular film franchise, which was given a new lease of life and a new Bond in Daniel Craig when 'Casino Royale' came out in 2006.
Although Heineken is keeping much of the detail under wraps, Chris Carroll, its global manager of brand experience, told Brand Republic that the campaign, particularly the TV and cinema work, would be in keeping with the tone of the film -- matching James Bond's sophistication and style to Heineken's premium credentials.
Carroll said: "Both are premium international brands, so there is a nice synergy there. How we bring that to life will be witty and credible."
Integral to the activity will be the involvement of 'Quantum of Solace' leading lady, Ukrainian Olga Kurylenko, who will appear across all media channels, including the TV and cinema advertising. The name of her character in the film is Camille.
The creative was shot using the film's locations and sets and will also include print ads, radio promotions, on and off-trade promotions and digital activity. Digital and viral work will form an important part of the campaign drive, with promotions targeted at consumers of the legal drinking age.
Heineken worked closely with the Broccoli family-owned Eon Productions and Columbia Pictures to ensure the campaign was in keeping with the feel of the production.
Carroll said: "From a global brand perspective, and how it's associated with music, sport and entertainment, we have very strict criteria.
"One of those criteria is working closely [with our brand partner]."
The global premiere of 'Quantum of Solace' will take place in London on October 29. The film is being directed by Marc Forster, who previously directed 'Monster's Ball', 'Finding Neverland' and most recently 'The Kite Runner'.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager - Inbound Tourism - Dubai Based MCG Associates Tax Free Competitive Package, Dubai, UAE
- Senior Account Manager - Saudi Arabia - PR MCG Associates Tax Free Package, Riyadh. KSA
- Digital Advertising Manager - High End Lifestyle Ultimate Asset £43000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- Media Exec - Leading Media Agency - Mobile Sector Ultimate Asset £22000 - £26000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Biddable Paid Social Senior Executive - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset £25000 - £30000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Account handler ready for an immediate start? Freelance, Contract or Temp to Perm? Barker Graves Up to £250/day, central london