'Family Guy' creator makes Burger King ads for Google show
NEW YORK - Seth McFarlane, the creator of hit animated TV series 'Family Guy', has agreed to create ads for Burger King to run ahead of his new 'Calvacade of Comedy' video clips to be distributed solely through Google.
Google made an agreement with McFarlane last month to distribute a series of 50 two-minute clips of his new animated variety show 'Seth McFarlane's Calvacade of Comedy', which launches next month.
The clips will be syndicated using Google's AdSense network, which can syndicate video content to advertising slots on thousands of websites targeted to reach specific demographics. In this case it will target McFarlane's audience, typically made up of young men.
In an unusual move for a creator of a TV series, McFarlane has also created the animated Burger King ads to play ahead of the 'Calvacade' clips, according to the New York Times.
One of the ads begins with blue velvet curtains being drawn back to reveal an ornate movie screen. Burger King's mascot then bursts through the centre of the screen and runs away, chased by Mayan warriors who are throwing poison darts at him.
McFarlane has created three ads for the fast-food giant, which will play before 10 different 'Calvacade' episodes. In another ad apes on horseback jump through the screen instead of Mayan warriors.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...