ASA raps OK! over cosmetics promotion
LONDON - Two ads, which appeared as part of a cosmetics promotion by OK! magazine, made unsubstantiated claims, according to the Advertising Standards Authority.
OK!...cosmetics ad banned
Both claimed that users could "look years younger in an instant", and that the products would have a dramatic effect on the appearance of skin.
They were accompanied by five sets of "before and after" pictures, claiming to show the effects of the products - Eyesential and The Lift.
Two complaints were received, which challenged some of the claims in the ads and whether the photos were representative of the effects.
The ASA said: "Although the photographer and one model said the photographs had not been altered in any way, we considered that the 'before' photographs clearly showed different shadows and, therefore, lighting, than the 'after' photographs."
It said it had not seen robust scientific evidence to substantiate the challenged claims for both products.
It said the ads must not appear again in their current form.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Marketing Partnerships Director PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- Assistant Category Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £27000 - £30000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, London