ASA raps OK! over cosmetics promotion
LONDON - Two ads, which appeared as part of a cosmetics promotion by OK! magazine, made unsubstantiated claims, according to the Advertising Standards Authority.
OK!...cosmetics ad banned
Both claimed that users could "look years younger in an instant", and that the products would have a dramatic effect on the appearance of skin.
They were accompanied by five sets of "before and after" pictures, claiming to show the effects of the products - Eyesential and The Lift.
Two complaints were received, which challenged some of the claims in the ads and whether the photos were representative of the effects.
The ASA said: "Although the photographer and one model said the photographs had not been altered in any way, we considered that the 'before' photographs clearly showed different shadows and, therefore, lighting, than the 'after' photographs."
It said it had not seen robust scientific evidence to substantiate the challenged claims for both products.
It said the ads must not appear again in their current form.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)