Peta Buscombe to lead Green Awards judging panel
LONDON - Baroness Peta Buscombe, chief executive of the Advertising Association, will lead the Green Awards judging panel, which will also include the inventor Trevor Baylis.
Baylis, the creator of the windup radio, will be joined on the judging panel by Rita Clifton, chairman of Interbrand, and designer and campaigner Katharine Hamnett.
Buscombe has had an extensive career in politics and the private sector. She has provided legal advice to the textile, dairy, banking and art industries. Since 2006 she has held directorships including the ASA's Advertising Standards board of Finance.
She said: "Too often environmental language is not accessible. Environmental solutions are essential to this and future generations, and our industry can play a powerful role overcoming communications barriers -- it is our specialty.
"The Green Awards demonstrate the industry's commitment to promoting positive environmental change and it is a great pleasure to chair the judging panel."
Buscombe has a longstanding interest in environmental and rural concerns. Her business was part of the Member Association of Rural Businesses in Oxfordshire from 1994 TO 2002 during which time she founded the Conservative Network and Conservative Cultural Unit.
Since 2001, she has been a member of the All Party Group for Corporate Social Responsibility and since 2006 non-executive director of Three Valleys Water.
The Green Awards take place on the 12th of November at The Brewery in London and will be presented by BBC Radio 2 presenter and campaigner Janey Lee Grace.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex