UK search spend to total £2.75bn this year
LONDON - UK companies will spend £2.75bn on search engine marketing this year, up 24% from 2007, according to new research.
Internet marketing consultancy E-consultancy, which carried out the research, said the UK search market "remains buoyant despite fears about an overall advertising downturn".
It estimates the £2.75bn spend this year will include £2.42bn going into paid search, which is a 23% increase on last year.
The remaining £330m comes from spend on search engine optimisation, which will increase 32% on last year.
Chris Lake, editor-in-chief of E-consultancy, said: "Search spending is continuing to increase at a healthy pace, although the growth rate will not match the increases seen over the last few years.
"Economic concerns will affect the overall ad industry, and search isn't entirely immune from a dip in budgets. Marketers and agencies are savvier than ever, so scope for growth in ROI is limited. And growth in consumer internet usage is flattening out.
"But the sector is certainly more robust than other media channels which have a less measurable return on investment, and should continue for years to come."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...