Mother to handle Coca-Cola across Europe
LONDON - Coca-Cola has appointed Mother to handle its estimated £30 million 2009 pan-European summer campaign.
Coca-Cola...Mother wins 2009 summer campaign
The agency won the business after a two-way pitch against the Spanish incumbent, Señora Rushmore Madrid.
Mother will now create a campaign to run across all of Coca-Cola's European markets next summer, including the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Portugal.
The brief is to push the brand as the drink of the summer using the existing "Coke side of life" proposition.
The appointment strengthens Mother's relationship with Coca-Cola.
It won the pan-European account for Diet Coke last month without a pitch and it handles a number of Coca-Cola brands in the UK, including Schweppes, Lilt, Oasis, Powerade and Dr Pepper.
Coca-Cola is changing its ad strategy from a market-by-market approach towards regional campaigns in a bid to bring greater consistency to its communications.
The company moved the pan-European ad brief for Sprite to Ogilvy & Mather Frankfurt in July.
Advertising for the main Coke brand has historically been handled on a market-by-market basis, but recent campaigns, including the "video game" spot from Wieden & Kennedy US and this summer's Euro 2008 "unhuggables" campaign by Santo, have run in multiple markets.
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...