Mother to handle Coca-Cola across Europe
LONDON - Coca-Cola has appointed Mother to handle its estimated £30 million 2009 pan-European summer campaign.
Coca-Cola...Mother wins 2009 summer campaign
The agency won the business after a two-way pitch against the Spanish incumbent, Señora Rushmore Madrid.
Mother will now create a campaign to run across all of Coca-Cola's European markets next summer, including the UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Portugal.
The brief is to push the brand as the drink of the summer using the existing "Coke side of life" proposition.
The appointment strengthens Mother's relationship with Coca-Cola.
It won the pan-European account for Diet Coke last month without a pitch and it handles a number of Coca-Cola brands in the UK, including Schweppes, Lilt, Oasis, Powerade and Dr Pepper.
Coca-Cola is changing its ad strategy from a market-by-market approach towards regional campaigns in a bid to bring greater consistency to its communications.
The company moved the pan-European ad brief for Sprite to Ogilvy & Mather Frankfurt in July.
Advertising for the main Coke brand has historically been handled on a market-by-market basis, but recent campaigns, including the "video game" spot from Wieden & Kennedy US and this summer's Euro 2008 "unhuggables" campaign by Santo, have run in multiple markets.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London