Comparethemarket.com calls ad pitch
LONDON - Price-comparison website Comparethemarket.com has called a review of its £25m advertising account as it looks to improve its creative output in a cut-throat market.
The brand is inviting the incumbent, VCCP, which it appointed in March 2007, to repitch for the business. The review is being handled by the AAR.
Since appointing VCCP, which created its green and blue branding, the website has significantly increased its TV marketing to generate consumer awareness. As well as its sponsorship of Channel 4 drama, it has carried out several outdoor, radio and press ad campaigns.
Comparethemarket.com's marketing director, Mark Vile, said the sector had become 'highly competitive', so the brand needed to ensure it had the right marketing strategy.
The site ran a review of its media arrangements last November. This led to its appointment of Zenith-Optimedia, ending its long-standing relationship with MediaVest Manchester.
This month it tied up with vehicle repair chain Kwik Fit to give consumers who buy a Kwik Fit insurance policy through the site a £30 voucher redeemable at its outlets.
Meanwhile, rival brand Moneysupermarket.com recently relaunched its shopping channel with a fresh design and enhanced search results.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)