Comparethemarket.com calls ad pitch
LONDON - Price-comparison website Comparethemarket.com has called a review of its £25m advertising account as it looks to improve its creative output in a cut-throat market.
The brand is inviting the incumbent, VCCP, which it appointed in March 2007, to repitch for the business. The review is being handled by the AAR.
Since appointing VCCP, which created its green and blue branding, the website has significantly increased its TV marketing to generate consumer awareness. As well as its sponsorship of Channel 4 drama, it has carried out several outdoor, radio and press ad campaigns.
Comparethemarket.com's marketing director, Mark Vile, said the sector had become 'highly competitive', so the brand needed to ensure it had the right marketing strategy.
The site ran a review of its media arrangements last November. This led to its appointment of Zenith-Optimedia, ending its long-standing relationship with MediaVest Manchester.
This month it tied up with vehicle repair chain Kwik Fit to give consumers who buy a Kwik Fit insurance policy through the site a £30 voucher redeemable at its outlets.
Meanwhile, rival brand Moneysupermarket.com recently relaunched its shopping channel with a fresh design and enhanced search results.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire