Blackett steps up to MediaCom Euro job
Karen Blackett, the marketing director at WPP's Media-Com, has been appointed as the agency's chief operations director for Europe.
The move is part of a broader restructure of MediaCom's senior management team across the UK and EMEA, to be announced in the coming weeks.
In her new role, Blackett will work alongside Nick Lawson, the new chief executive of MediaCom EMEA. She will work on the agency's development and growth of new business in European markets.
Lawson, the former chief executive of MediaCom UK, took on his EMEA role in August and was replaced as the UK chief executive by the agency's managing director, Jane Ratcliffe.
Blackett joined the agency in 1998 as a planner from The Media Business following its merger with MediaCom.
She was promoted to the board three years later and was made the marketing director at MediaCom in 2003. Accounts she has worked on include Procter & Gamble, Nokia and GlaxoSmithKline.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager EMEA Callaway Golf Europe Ltd circa £50,000 pa plus benefits, based in Chessington, Surrey
- Technical SEO Manager - PHP / HTML / CSS Ultimate Asset £25000 - £32000 per annum, London