Walkers campaign receives over a milion entries
The 'Do us a Flavour' campaign by Abbott Mead Vickers for Walkers crisps has received over 1.1 million entries, far exceeding initial predictions at its launch in July.
Only 250,000 entries were anticipated, but the actual number has surpassed expectations with massively high levels of interaction.
A staggering number of suggestions for crisp flavours have been logged on the website as people strive to win the £50,000 prize and one per cent of all future royalties.
The website has seen 2.4 million visits since its launch, with web users spending an average of nine minutes online per session.
The competition peaked in August as web sessions totalled 102,000 per day.
The winner of the Do us a Flavour competition will be announced on the 2nd May 2009.
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Manager fishtank 24k to 33k per year GBP, Surrey
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Junior Account Manager fishtank 22k to 28k per year GBP, Buckinghamshire
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...