Walkers campaign receives over a milion entries
The 'Do us a Flavour' campaign by Abbott Mead Vickers for Walkers crisps has received over 1.1 million entries, far exceeding initial predictions at its launch in July.
Only 250,000 entries were anticipated, but the actual number has surpassed expectations with massively high levels of interaction.
A staggering number of suggestions for crisp flavours have been logged on the website as people strive to win the £50,000 prize and one per cent of all future royalties.
The website has seen 2.4 million visits since its launch, with web users spending an average of nine minutes online per session.
The competition peaked in August as web sessions totalled 102,000 per day.
The winner of the Do us a Flavour competition will be announced on the 2nd May 2009.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Display Manager - Telecoms PFJ £30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum, London
- Account Director - Arts Clients PFJ £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum, London
- AV Account Director (contract) PFJ £35000.00 - £43000.00 per annum, London
- Consumer Insight Manager Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £35000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits, London
- Digital Account Manager Dot-Gap £40k, Central London
- Head of Performance Dot-Gap £70k, Central London