Celeb site Holy Moly adds video clips for relaunch
LONDON - Celebrity gossip website Holymoly.com is adding hundreds of celebrity video clips and encouraging user-generated content in a revamp of its website.
The site, which claims more than 750,000 unique users a month, has added 300 exclusive celebrity video clips with the introduction of Holy Moly TV, which will feature a weekly presenter-led show as well as celebrity interviews, quick-fire Q&As and coverage of red carpet events.
Other new features include a photo gallery featuring content captured by the Holy Moly paparazzi, who have been snapping celebrities when they least expect it since April this year.
The site retains its favourite sections including the recently re-branded The Corner and Mole Hill, which now allows users to share content including images, videos and gossip, with a Mole of the Week competition voted by users and a league table for the best Mole.
According to Mr Holy Moly: "Video is very much the way forward for us and we were aware of the implications of updating the new site, ensuring our loyal users and the Holy Moly brand's integrity were at the forefront of this process."
Digital sport and entertainment agency Perform was behind the revamp and will also be representing the display and video advertising sales across the site as well as taking responsibility for driving traffic through its digital marketing team.
Oliver Slipper, joint CEO of Perform, said: "The world of celebrity is one of the most universally discussed subjects.
"The addition of the interactive functionality area will allow users to interact with the site and will also allow advertisers a unique opportunity to interact more effectively with their target audiences, as even more fans log on to get their gossip fix."
Holy Moly was recently voted the eighth coolest internet brand in the world in 2008 by Coolbrands.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...