Celeb site Holy Moly adds video clips for relaunch
LONDON - Celebrity gossip website Holymoly.com is adding hundreds of celebrity video clips and encouraging user-generated content in a revamp of its website.
The site, which claims more than 750,000 unique users a month, has added 300 exclusive celebrity video clips with the introduction of Holy Moly TV, which will feature a weekly presenter-led show as well as celebrity interviews, quick-fire Q&As and coverage of red carpet events.
Other new features include a photo gallery featuring content captured by the Holy Moly paparazzi, who have been snapping celebrities when they least expect it since April this year.
The site retains its favourite sections including the recently re-branded The Corner and Mole Hill, which now allows users to share content including images, videos and gossip, with a Mole of the Week competition voted by users and a league table for the best Mole.
According to Mr Holy Moly: "Video is very much the way forward for us and we were aware of the implications of updating the new site, ensuring our loyal users and the Holy Moly brand's integrity were at the forefront of this process."
Digital sport and entertainment agency Perform was behind the revamp and will also be representing the display and video advertising sales across the site as well as taking responsibility for driving traffic through its digital marketing team.
Oliver Slipper, joint CEO of Perform, said: "The world of celebrity is one of the most universally discussed subjects.
"The addition of the interactive functionality area will allow users to interact with the site and will also allow advertisers a unique opportunity to interact more effectively with their target audiences, as even more fans log on to get their gossip fix."
Holy Moly was recently voted the eighth coolest internet brand in the world in 2008 by Coolbrands.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Bids Exec / Bid Manager Network Marketing £35000 - £45000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Manager-Corporate Display Advertising Ultimate Asset £35000 - £40000 per annum + excellent bonus & benefits, London
- Planning Director - London Dynamic New Alliances £80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight/Senior Graphic Designer Source £23000 - £28000 per annum, London