Crush commissioned to give Agatha Christie co-ordinated makeover
LONDON - Crush has created 12 contemporary cover designs for new editions of Agatha Christie novels due be published later this month.
Harper Collins commissioned Crush to create the cover designs for Agatha Christie novels including 'The 13 Problems', 'A Pocket Full of Rye' and 'Elephants Can Remember'.
Crush was briefed to update the look and feel of the titles and create contemporary covers while retaining the heritage and era of the stories.
The Agatha Christie branding is a constant on all the covers but each of the creative solutions for the books is designed to a separate brief with the title hinting at the story's content.
The cover of 'The 13 Problems' features playing cards scattered on a table with the most prominent card carrying the title of the book. The other face-up cards show a picture of a gun, an outline of a body and a fingerprint.
The design for 'Spider's Web' shows each letter of the title dangling from the author's name from threads of cobwebs, with a spider dangling on the final thread.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Senior Communications and Copywriting Executive Pitch Consultants £25000 - £28000 per annum + bonus and excellent benefits, Coventry
- Junior to Mid-Weight Creative Teams Daniel Marks London £30-60k, London
- Category Coordinator Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum, Northamptonshire