BBC One and BBC Two to be simulcast live online
LONDON - Viewers will be able to watch BBC One and BBC Two live online from November 27 through the BBC's website.
Viewers can tune into the channels online via bbc.co.uk, using a computer or other portable devices.
Jana Bennett, director of BBC Vision, said: "The launch of BBC One and BBC Two online completes our commitment to make our portfolio of channels available to watch on the internet.
"From 27 November licence fee payers will be able to watch BBC programmes, live, wherever they are in the UK on their computers, mobile phones and other portable devices.
"Through iPlayer and series stacking, they'll have the option to catch up with them later."
Video on the channel sites is restricted so it cannot be viewed from outside the UK.
However, the BBC said anyone in the UK watching or recording TV as it is being simulcast on any device -- including mobiles, laptops and PCs -- must, by law, be covered by a valid TV Licence.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Ecommerce and Online Marketing Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £Competitive salary + senior package. , London
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London