Doctor Who makes Christmas debut on iTunes
LONDON - The BBC has made the first four series of the resurrected 'Doctor Who' available for download from the UK iTunes Store in time for Christmas.
The initiative from BBC Worldwide will see programmes become available throughout December, with a different series released each week from December 2, with Series 4 becoming available on December 23, just in time for Christmas.
It will mean that, for the first time, fans will be able to download and keep a single digital episode or the full series.
'Doctor Who' joins a range of BBC Worldwide content already available on iTunes, including 'Spooks', and recent cutting edge comedy 'Gavin and Stacey' and the latest series of 'Top Gear'.
Simon Danker, director of digital media at BBC Worldwide, said: "Doctor Who is one of the most popular and enduring brands on British TV and the new series has introduced the Time Lord to a whole new audience. Now, Doctor Who fans young and old can revisit their favourite episodes any time and anywhere."
Christopher Eccleston first appeared as the Doctor in 2005 when the series was resurrected after a 16-year absence from TV screens.
After the first series, David Tennant assumed the role of the Doctor alongside Billie Piper as his assistant Rose Tyler.
The Doctor has since continued to enthrall audiences with his adventures travelling through time and space accompanied by other companions such as Martha Jones (Freema Agyeman) and Donna Noble (Catherine Tate) in multi-award winning episodes and Christmas Specials.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...