GMG to sell ads on news site
LONDON - Guardian Professional, the education, media and public sector arm of Guardian Media Group, is to begin proactively selling ads around news websites paidcontent.org and paidcontent.co.uk.
The websites, along with its US publishing group parent ContentNext Media, were acquired by GMG in July for an undisclosed sum.
Rafat Ali, founder and chief executive of ContentNext Media, said ContentNext's portfolio, which also includes mocoNews.net and contentSutra.com, will in future be sold together with GMG properties.
"We are looking to work closer with GMG and specifically Guardian Professional on the sales side," he said. "Guardian Professional has a leading position in events and promotion especially, which will help us."
The firm is also mulling the launch of other sites covering new subjects, such as gaming.
Ali said: "The market in Russia is really interesting, while in the UK, you will see us integrating more of our content with GMG."
This article was first published on Media Week
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Head of Customer Analytics - Consultancy Harnham £90000 - £100000 per annum + benefits, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...