Mail on Sunday launches record label
LONDON - The Mail on Sunday is launching a record label in a bid to provide a platform for original music and snatch the Christmas number one.
Peter Wright...editor of Mail on Sunday
Mail on Sunday Sounds (MOSS) is set to release the ACM Gospel Choir single Holy Night as its debut foray into the music industry.
Speaking to Music Week, The Mail on Sunday editor, Peter Wright, said: "With a newspaper we are used to making decisions very quickly and turning things around very quickly.
"There are some wonderfully talented people in the music industry, but I think they are a bit traditional in their thinking."
His main aim is to bring something fresh to the music industry.
The Holy Night single will be available to download, and production of the music video is already underway.
The group’s debut album, Christmas With The Choir, will be released on 14 December and will be offered as a free giveaway with the paper.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London
- SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/GROUP ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - shopper marketing agency - London Judi Patton £50-65k dependent on experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)