Mail on Sunday launches record label
LONDON - The Mail on Sunday is launching a record label in a bid to provide a platform for original music and snatch the Christmas number one.
Peter Wright...editor of Mail on Sunday
Mail on Sunday Sounds (MOSS) is set to release the ACM Gospel Choir single Holy Night as its debut foray into the music industry.
Speaking to Music Week, The Mail on Sunday editor, Peter Wright, said: "With a newspaper we are used to making decisions very quickly and turning things around very quickly.
"There are some wonderfully talented people in the music industry, but I think they are a bit traditional in their thinking."
His main aim is to bring something fresh to the music industry.
The Holy Night single will be available to download, and production of the music video is already underway.
The group’s debut album, Christmas With The Choir, will be released on 14 December and will be offered as a free giveaway with the paper.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Business Development Executive Bullfrog Digital LTD Up to £30k + Commission and benifits, Shoreditch
- Head of Strategy, Insight & External Relations London & Partners COMPETITIVE + PRP + BENEFITS, London Bridge
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Project Manager - Integrated / Digital - Superb London Agency Fill Recruitment Ltd £40k - £50k plus bonus and superb benefits!, Central London
- Client Services Director Dot-Gap £55k, Central London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £75K - £100K, Central London