Guardian hires Little to head North American operations
LONDON - Guardian News & Media has appointed Caroline Little as chief executive of its North America operations.
Little: appointed chief executive of GN&M in North American
Little will deal with all of Guardian News & Media's US commercial activities, including ContentNext Media and sales, marketing and operations.
The former chief executive and publisher of The Washington Post's digital arm Washingtonpost.newsweek interactive, which includes Washingtonpost.com, Newsweek.com, Slate.com and Theroot.com, has advised GN&M on its US operation since August. She takes up her new post in January 2009 and will be based in Washington and New York.
The appointment follows a series of moves strengthening the GN&M brand in the US. In July, it acquired ContentNext, the owner of digital media news site paidContent for an estimated £15m.
The previous October, it launched Guardian America, a news website dedicated to its growing US audience. GN&M is also set to create an ads unit in the US.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Insight Executive - Financial Services Company NG Digital Marketing up to £27k, Central London
- Display Account Manager NG Digital Marketing 40k, Central London
- Senior Social Analyst Lipton Fleming £33000.00 per annum, South East England
- Marketing Executive / B2C Marketing Executive Guru Careers £20 - 35k, Based in London (W8) - Commutable from Kensington, Central London, Greater London, The City
- Head of Paid Search / Biddable - Full-Service Agency silverdrum £65,000 - £75,000 + benefits, London