Guardian hires Little to head North American operations
LONDON - Guardian News & Media has appointed Caroline Little as chief executive of its North America operations.
Little: appointed chief executive of GN&M in North American
Little will deal with all of Guardian News & Media's US commercial activities, including ContentNext Media and sales, marketing and operations.
The former chief executive and publisher of The Washington Post's digital arm Washingtonpost.newsweek interactive, which includes Washingtonpost.com, Newsweek.com, Slate.com and Theroot.com, has advised GN&M on its US operation since August. She takes up her new post in January 2009 and will be based in Washington and New York.
The appointment follows a series of moves strengthening the GN&M brand in the US. In July, it acquired ContentNext, the owner of digital media news site paidContent for an estimated £15m.
The previous October, it launched Guardian America, a news website dedicated to its growing US audience. GN&M is also set to create an ads unit in the US.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- PR Account Director fishtank 40k to 55k per year GBP, Surrey
- Digital Search & Acquisitions Officer Topshop Up to £30,000 per annum + benefits, London
- planner > SHOPPER EVANGELIST > brilliant role for those SUITS looking to move across into PLANNING collectivo £30-40k + bens, London
- Marketing Executive Warner Bros £ Competitive + benefits, Holborn, London
- Senior Digital Planner - Superb Integrated London Agency - FMCG Accounts - Up to £70K Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £70K, London
- Designer/Illustrator/Children's Designer Premier Media plus excellent benefits, Central London
Big Questions Live - Social Media, User Generated Content and the Power of Customer Insight (Webcast) External website
Brand Republic’s first ever online TV show, Big Questions Live wil...
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
The PR industry’s lack of success at the Cannes Lions festival 201...
Confused by hashtags? Tweetchats? Tweet walls? You’re not alone.Wi...
It’s fair to say we are truly in the age of content marketing, the...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...