Coca-Cola revisits iconic Christmas poster art
LONDON - Coca-Cola has revisited its iconic Haddon Sundblom artwork for its Christmas outdoor campaign, alongside a new TV spot.
Coca-Cola Christmas ads - a retrospective
The Swedish artist Mikael Erikkson created three oil on canvas paintings inspired by the company's original ad creator.
The outdoor ads, created by Mother, will run in conjunction with the second phase of its TV campaign.
Cathryn Sleight, the marketing director for Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "The Coca-Cola Santa Claus has traditionally taken a starring role in our festive TV ads and it was this that inspired us to revist his iconic imagery, given he has been well-known and loved across the world since the 30s."
The campaign also incorporates digital elements, designed by AKQA.
These include Christmas cards to send to friends via mobiles, a Google maps application that allows users to decorate their houses with virtual Christmas lights, and a new "gift-giving" application on Facebook.
Click on image to enlarge
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire