Coca-Cola revisits iconic Christmas poster art
LONDON - Coca-Cola has revisited its iconic Haddon Sundblom artwork for its Christmas outdoor campaign, alongside a new TV spot.
Coca-Cola Christmas ads - a retrospective
The Swedish artist Mikael Erikkson created three oil on canvas paintings inspired by the company's original ad creator.
The outdoor ads, created by Mother, will run in conjunction with the second phase of its TV campaign.
Cathryn Sleight, the marketing director for Coca-Cola Great Britain, said: "The Coca-Cola Santa Claus has traditionally taken a starring role in our festive TV ads and it was this that inspired us to revist his iconic imagery, given he has been well-known and loved across the world since the 30s."
The campaign also incorporates digital elements, designed by AKQA.
These include Christmas cards to send to friends via mobiles, a Google maps application that allows users to decorate their houses with virtual Christmas lights, and a new "gift-giving" application on Facebook.
Click on image to enlarge
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Brand and Marketing Manager Barclay Meade £35000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, Southampton