GMG expands radio presence in Wales
LONDON - GMG Radio is to extend its Real Radio brand across Wales next year after being awarded a licence to broadcast across north and mid-Wales.
Real Radio: GMG to extend its offering in Wales
Real Radio is already broadcast across south and west Wales. The two stations will share some programming during off-peak time - a move that GMG said would make Real Radio Wales' first national commercial service.
Across the new north and mid-Wales station, GMG will have access to a potential adult audience of 570,000.
The new radio station will broadcast live during the day from studios within the transmission area and transmit news 24 hours a day.
John Myers, chief executive, GMG Radio, said full details for programming, presenters, launch plans and location will be announced in due course.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £68,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Mid Weight Graphic Designer - Consumer agency JEFFERSON £28-35k plus benefits, SE Surrey
- Senior Digital Delivery Manager Harvey Nash £55000 per annum + package, Nottingham
- Assistant Buyer - Global Tech Brand Aquent Up to £49,000 Dependent on Skills and experience, London
- Senior Digital Operations Manager Harvey Nash £50000 per annum + package, Nottingham