Conservative Party embraces digital campaigning with senior appointment
LONDON - Conservative frontbencher Jeremy Hunt MP has been appointed to the new role of official spokesman for online campaigning for the Conservative Party.
Hunt's duties will include fronting online campaigning activities in the media, championing digital communications among his parliamentary colleagues and spreading the new media message to constituencies. He will work closely with Tory new media head Rishi Saha.
Hunt also plans to build closer links for the party with web entrepreneurs though organising and attending relevant events.
Commenting on the appointment, Jeremy Hunt said: ‘The election of Barack Obama shows the political party that wins the online battle gains a huge advantage. My job is to make sure we deliver that for the Conservatives in Britain.'
This article was first published on Marketing
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...