VW Golf ad provokes slew of complaints
LONDON - The Advertising Standards Authority has received more than 100 complaints about violence in the new VW Golf ad from DDB.
The ad, which launched over Christmas, features VW's "chief designer" facing himself in a number of set-piece fights.
The ASA confirmed today that it had received 115 complaints about the ad, and is considering an investigation.
A spokesman for the ASA said: "The complaints are along the lines that the ad contains gratuitous violence and is inappropriate for viewing by children."
The ad, by DDB, is currently only being shown after 7.30pm.
The hand-to-hand combat is followed by a voiceover that says: "Sometimes the only one you have to beat is yourself."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Stunning Digital Director - Top Media Agency Ultimate Asset £60000 - £63000 per annum + Benefits, London
- Strategy Director Rare Selection Up to £80K + bonus, health, pension, Central London
- Digital Strategist - Growth & Innovation Consultancy Rare Selection Up to £50K + bonus & benefits, Central London
- Marketing Consultant - 2 vacancies Rare Selection £60 - £80K + 30% bonus, 8% pension, and excellent benefits, London
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection Highly competitive, Central London