Australia launches ad campaign with Emirates to tempt Brits down under
LONDON - Tourism Australia has partnered with Emirates Airline to launch a £1.5m national advertising campaign to encouraging Britons to travel Down Under for a "rejuvenating" holiday in 2009.
The campaign features short film ads created by director Baz Luhrmann, which are based on the themes of his recently released blockbuster film 'Australia'.
The ads, which are set to air on TV and in cinemas across the UK during January and February, promote the destination and the ease of flying there with Emirates.
Creative agency DDB also developed print, online and outdoor ads for the campaign.
The themes of romance, adventure and transformation are delivered through imagery and short messages such as: "Arrived with a thousand things on our minds. Departed without a care in the world."
Each ad promotes a lead in fare of £649 return and directs consumers to visit the website or to contact their travel agent.
Rodney Harrex, Tourism Australia regional general manager UK/Ireland/Nordic, said: "Working with partners co-operatively in this way is vital as it provides a call to action for consumers looking to travel down under for their next long haul holiday."
This campaign follows on from the print campaign that TA and Emirates ran in the UK in September and October 2008 prior to the release of the film 'Australia'.
Luhrmann's epic, starring Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman, disappointed many critics, with some reviews saying it was just a tourism ad for the country, littered with cliches and exaggerated accents.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- PR Account Executive, B2B Tech, London, £22k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £22000 per annum, London
- Director Educational Enterprise Harvey Nash Competitive + attractive benefits, Birmingham
- Brand Manager - Country - Online Gaming Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £60000 - £70000 per annum, South West London
- Creative Artworker Night Shift Creative Recruitment £30000 - £40000 per annum + pro rata, Uxbridge