Ultimate Rugby Sevens website launches
LONDON - Ultimate Rugby Sevens, a website devoted to the rugby union-based game which features only seven players per side, has launched aiming to be the most comprehensive media channel for the game.
UR7s.com will act as a dedicated media outlet for rugby sevens tournaments and teams at every level.
The site features rugby sevens tournament news and information, real-time results, video highlights, team and player profiles, a world tournament calendar and an interactive forum for the sevens community.
Nigel Starmer-Smith, former England scrum half and lead commentator for the IRB World Sevens Series, will act as a columnist for the website, providing regular features as well as commenting on key tournaments and players.
Tim Lacey, founder of Ultimate Rugby Sevens, said: "The launch of UR7s.com represents an exciting time for the global network of sevens fans.
"The game has experienced huge growth over the past few years and 2009 is set to be the biggest in the sports history with major events such as the World Cup and a decision expected on whether sevens will become an Olympic sport.
"The platform's ultimate goal is to help sevens fulfil its considerable global potential by aggregating and empowering the sport through the use of cutting edge technology and new media applications."
The launch comes during a busy year rugby sevens, with the 10th annual IRB World Series taking place, as well as the IRB Sevens Rugby World Cup.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- COPYWRITER - GLOBAL COMPANY - NORTHAMPTON, UK - £25-26K Salt £25000 - £26000 per annum, Northamptonshire
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, Warwickshire
- Senior Digital Account Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £43000 per annum + bonus and benefits , London