CMW releases Creme Egg goo through direct mail
LONDON - CMW has sent out a limited run of Creme Egg direct mail packs to a selection of respondents from Cadbury's 2008 digital campaign.
The pack plays on the standard "handle with care" delivery note by printing "Not fragile. Please do not handle with care" on the outer packaging and a "This way up" label on the back with arrows pointing in different directions.
The eggs inside have sabotaged the pack in the hope that carelessness will release the goo en route to recipients.
CMW said that the response was "extremely pleasing" with the recipients then posting blogs and Bebo/Facebook messages announcing the eggs are back and releasing their goo.
The packs are part of a wider campaign focusing on social media, mobile, web-based games and Creme Egg's own blog.
Display advertising online will make use of interactive formats to further drive engagement with the campaign.
All reinforce the core brand idea that the eggs are compelled to release their goo out and that people must help them to do it.
CMW sees interaction/participation as key to the success of the campaign which is targeting 16- to 24-year-olds.
It will also be launching a "sophisticated" game and further initiatives as Easter approaches.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director Dot-Gap £45k, Central London
- Digital Strategist Dot-Gap £50k, Central London
- Decision Sciences Analyst Dot-Gap £35k, London
- Digital Media Manager Dot-Gap £35k, Central London
- Head of Display Dot-Gap £75k, Central London
- Integrated Account Manager Dynamic New Alliances £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London