Times slashes Saturday cover price by 50p
LONDON - News International is set to slash the cover price of its new-look Saturday Times from £1.50 to £1 for a "limited period" as part of a seven-week marketing push.
The Times: Saturday edition to be 50p cheaper for limited period
Starting this weekend, the third-off price reduction forms part of a £2m advertising and sampling campaign created by CHI & Partners, in association with brand consultant Venturethree, to support the new six-section Saturday Times, which launched on 24 January.
The trial offer will run for an unspecified period, and is due to be promoted as part of a three-week TV ad campaign starting tonight.
It follows an extensive outdoor and radio campaign that has been running for the past two weeks, alongside a dedicated microsite at Timesonline.co.uk and a significant below-the-line push.
Media planning and buying has been handled by WPP's Mindshare.
As well as the price reduction, the campaign includes sampling papers through long-term partners such as Marks & Spencer, Pizza Express, Picture House and the National Theatre.
The Times is also promoting at point-of-sale with major retailers, such as ASDA and Tesco.
James Harding, editor of The Times, said: "We want as many people to know that the paper has changed and the best way to do this is to get it into their hands."
The Saturday edition forms part of The Times’ total weekday circulation which, according to the last ABC report, fell 2.3% last year to 600,962.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Account Director Prospect Resourcing Ltd up to £60k, London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...