Wrigley readies US gum brand 5 for UK debut
LONDON - Wrigley is launching its first new gum brand in the UK for more than a decade with a premium range called 5, aimed at younger consumers.
The product will roll out from May. Initially available in spearmint, peppermint and a fruit flavour, it will target the 18-30 age group. The sugar-free gum is already available in the US, where it was launched in 2007.
5 will be priced at a premium over other gum brands in the Wrigley portfolio, but a spokeswoman said a final decision on the exact amount has yet to be made.
The UK launch will be backed by a heavyweight marketing campaign with ads created by BBDO New York. The campaign in the US has been built on the theme 'Stimulate your senses'.
Wrigley is currently running a TV campaign for its Extra product, the top-selling sugar confectionery brand in the UK. The ad shows two dancers with different styles coming together, to illustrate that the brand brings people closer.
Wrigley had an 87% share of the gum market in 2008, according to Nielsen.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 27k to 35k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...