Hugo Drayton named CEO of Inskin Media
LONDON - Hugo Drayton has been appointed CEO at video and rich media advertising platform InSkin Media two months after leaving the controversial behavioural targeting technology firm Phorm.
Drayton, the former managing director of Advertising.com and the Telegraph Media Group, left Phorm after two years as CEO.
InSkin allows publishers to wrap interactive ads around video players, which users can pause the video and click on the wrap-around to view an interactive ad that rolls up and overlays the player.
InSkin currently has commercial partnerships with Telegraph Media Group, Tiscali and Dennis Publishing, and has also signed an agreement with Utarget to partner its sales team in reaching brand advertisers.
According to Drayton: "InSkin is an irresistible opportunity for me. It combines the explosion in online video consumption, the ability to drive significant new revenues for publishers, and a dynamic new, tailored opportunity for creative agencies and advertising clients.
"I look forward to building the business with the talented team already here."
InSkin can incorporate text, images, video and dynamic content allowing advertisers to offer consumers more engaging content while enhancing the revenue generating potential for publishers.
The platform was designed by 29-year old Patrick Knight, InSkin's founder who previously established mobile phone ringtones firm Ultrafones. He also founded The Tone Group, an Australian mobile content provider, which he sold to Mobile Messenger.
Knight said: "Hugo has great media experience as former managing director of The Telegraph Group, European MD of Advertising.com and as CEO of Phorm.
"It's that experience and his knowledge of digital markets that will be key to InSkin fully exploiting its assets and the available opportunities."
InSkin Media is backed by private equity investment, including SRPE (Sloane Robinson Private Equity).
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- E-Commerce Manager Stopgap £45000 per annum, South East England
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London