TBWA lands EBLEX brief
The English Beef & Lamb Executive hires TBWA after shoot-out against DDB.
TBWA\London has landed the advertising account for the English Beef & Lamb Executive following a two-way shoot-out.
The agency pitched against DDB London for the business, which will include digital activity, as well as above-the-line campaigns.
Fallon and Publicis were involved at an earlier stage of the contest but withdrew before the pitch.
Leo Burnett previously handled the EBLEX business but resigned the account in December last year. It had worked on the account since June 2004.
In 2005, Burnett introduced the "Beefy" and "Lamby" characters based on the cricketers Sir Ian Botham and Allan Lamb.
The TV campaign formed part of a £4.5 million push by EBLEX to promote the introduction of the Quality Standard Mark. Its most recent TV spot launched in 2007 and featured Lamby trying to discern which was the real Beefy from two identical clones.
The Quality Standard Mark was launched as a means of informing consumers which beef and lamb products met EBLEX's strict standards regarding the farming and supply chains of meat products.
The mark also acts as indicator of origin, with animals born, raised and slaughtered in England carrying the St George's flag, while Scottish and Welsh meat bears the Union flag.
The appointment does not affect DDB's hold on the advertising account for the British Pig Executive, the body responsible for the Quality Standard Mark for pork products.
This article was first published on Campaign
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Graphic/Web Designer fishtank 17k to 27k per year GBP, United Kingdom
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Digital Brand Manager Nike Europe Competitive + attractive relocation package for foreign hires, Amsterdam
- Head of Media, Marketing & Communications PGA Competitive, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
- senior planner > SPORTS BRANDS collectivo Up to £90,000 plus benefits, London
- Senior Account Manager [Shopper Marketing] - Excellent London Agency - c£36k + Fill Recruitment Ltd c£36k + and great benefits, West London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...
A recent Brand Republic survey revealed that 78% of respondents felt und...