Hyperlaunch to create site for author Sarah Waters
LONDON - Digital creative agency Hyperlaunch has been appointed by publishing firm Little, Brown Book Group to design and develop a website to promote Sarah Waters' forthcoming novel, 'The Little Stranger'.
The content-rich site (www.sarahwaters.com), which is set to launch in March ahead of the novel's June publication, will use striking visuals and typography to capture the essence of the author's brand of atmospheric fiction.
Waters is the author of best-selling novels 'Tipping the Velvet', 'Affinity', 'Fingersmith' and 'The Night Watch', all of which have been adapted into television dramas.
The site will invite visitors to submit their email addresses and details of their reading groups so that they can be sent bespoke newsletters.
It will provide readers with information on Waters and her writing, with users able to visit a virtual library of her work where they can select a book and read excepts and reviews.
The site will also be designed to appeal to fans of the TV adaptations of her books and will carry clips and trailers; while an FAQ will give answers to common questions about the author; and another section will list dates of publishing events.
Jon Morgan, one of Hyperlaunch's founders, said: "We'll be going for a clean simple design, making the focus of the design the books themselves.
"A lot of effort goes into the book's cover, so we'll be bringing this to life with striking 3D illustrations combined with classical fonts, set against a pale background."
Bobby Nayer, marketing manager at Little, Brown Book Group, said: "Sarah has a notable presence on the web and a dedicated fan base, which we aim to grow in 2009.
"A key part of our plan is to release exclusive extracts on the website in the weeks prior to 'The Little Stranger''s launch -- a first for Virago and Little, Brown. The aesthetics of the site are also key and the site will be stylish, accessible and rich with content."
Hyperlaunch is part of Digital Marketing Group.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Senior Account Director or Group Account Director, Social / Digital, £60k - £70k, Old Street Agency MODA consult up to £70k + excellent benefits, Central London, Old Street
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...