Hyperlaunch to create site for author Sarah Waters
LONDON - Digital creative agency Hyperlaunch has been appointed by publishing firm Little, Brown Book Group to design and develop a website to promote Sarah Waters' forthcoming novel, 'The Little Stranger'.
The content-rich site (www.sarahwaters.com), which is set to launch in March ahead of the novel's June publication, will use striking visuals and typography to capture the essence of the author's brand of atmospheric fiction.
Waters is the author of best-selling novels 'Tipping the Velvet', 'Affinity', 'Fingersmith' and 'The Night Watch', all of which have been adapted into television dramas.
The site will invite visitors to submit their email addresses and details of their reading groups so that they can be sent bespoke newsletters.
It will provide readers with information on Waters and her writing, with users able to visit a virtual library of her work where they can select a book and read excepts and reviews.
The site will also be designed to appeal to fans of the TV adaptations of her books and will carry clips and trailers; while an FAQ will give answers to common questions about the author; and another section will list dates of publishing events.
Jon Morgan, one of Hyperlaunch's founders, said: "We'll be going for a clean simple design, making the focus of the design the books themselves.
"A lot of effort goes into the book's cover, so we'll be bringing this to life with striking 3D illustrations combined with classical fonts, set against a pale background."
Bobby Nayer, marketing manager at Little, Brown Book Group, said: "Sarah has a notable presence on the web and a dedicated fan base, which we aim to grow in 2009.
"A key part of our plan is to release exclusive extracts on the website in the weeks prior to 'The Little Stranger''s launch -- a first for Virago and Little, Brown. The aesthetics of the site are also key and the site will be stylish, accessible and rich with content."
Hyperlaunch is part of Digital Marketing Group.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Mobile Manager Ultimate Asset £35000 - £50000 per annum + excellent benefits, City of London
- International Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Senior Data Planner - Superb Agency - Soho - up to £50k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £50k + great benefits, Soho, London
- Trainee Account Executive Michael Page Digital £16000 per annum, Guildford
- Market Insight & Reporting Manager Michael Page Digital £42800 - £50300 per annum, London
- Senior Display, Social and Mobile Manager Michael Page Digital £75000 - £78000 per annum, Middlesex