Sony Ericsson launches pink handset for breast cancer charity
LONDON - Mobile phone operator Sony Ericsson has launched a pink handset to mark the start of its sponsorship of Breast Cancer Care.
The new W595 Walkman phone will be pre-loaded with a pink ribbon screensaver and wallpaper as well as a video message from the charity which will explain the importance of regular breast checks and help people understand the risks of breast cancer.
The company, which will donate £5 from every pink handset sold to Breast Cancer Care, will also hand out pink ribbon pin badges with every phone.
Murray Lindo, director of fundraising at Breast Cancer Care, said someone is diagnosed with breast cancer every 11 minutes.
"Our mission is to be there for each and every one of them but we can’t do that without the help of companies like Sony Ericsson.
"Their support means that we can offer information and support to more people at a time when they need it most."
Dave Hilton, head of marketing at Sony Ericsson in the UK and Ireland added that by giving consumers the opportunity to buy a pink handset and help support those affected by breast cancer "charity can now begin with a phone".
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Category Manager Pearson Competitive salary & performance related bonus & benefits, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Retail Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £35,000 pro-rata, Tottenham and Enfield
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...