Fusion merger with Milestone dispels rumours of its demise
Fusion Radio Holdings has acquired local radio group The Milestone
Company as part of a £4.1m merger deal.
The news puts an end to industry speculation concerning the demise of
Fusion Radio, following the move from its West End location to
The merger deal means Fusion Radio will add another two radio stations
to its portfolio, incorporating Milestone's Kestrel FM, based in
Basingstoke, and Kick FM based in West Berkshire.
Milestone Radio is also part of a consortium that recently won the new
radio licence for the Rugby area.
National sales for the stations will be handled by Fusion sales, whilst
local sales representatives will operate on behalf of each station.
Fusion intends to expand the local sales teams on each local station,
but will leave radio programming as it stands.
Fusion Radio was conceived by the founder of Classic FM, Nigel
The radio group currently owns three radio stations, including Fusion
107.3 FM, based in Lewisham, Fusion 107.9 FM, based in Oxford and
Millennium FM, based in South London, and sells airtime for a raft of
Reeve said the company would continue to build its stronghold of radio
stations in the South and continue to operate under the Fusion Radio
Reeve said: "The merger of Fusion and Milestone Radio makes strategic
sense. Both companies share a common belief in new opportunities in the
local radio marketplace that will benefit listeners and advertisers.
Fusion's expertise in sales and Milestone's knowledge of operating
small-scale radio makes for powerful radio service."
Separately, Fusion's new chart show airs in two weeks.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London