Fusion merger with Milestone dispels rumours of its demise
Fusion Radio Holdings has acquired local radio group The Milestone
Company as part of a £4.1m merger deal.
The news puts an end to industry speculation concerning the demise of
Fusion Radio, following the move from its West End location to
The merger deal means Fusion Radio will add another two radio stations
to its portfolio, incorporating Milestone's Kestrel FM, based in
Basingstoke, and Kick FM based in West Berkshire.
Milestone Radio is also part of a consortium that recently won the new
radio licence for the Rugby area.
National sales for the stations will be handled by Fusion sales, whilst
local sales representatives will operate on behalf of each station.
Fusion intends to expand the local sales teams on each local station,
but will leave radio programming as it stands.
Fusion Radio was conceived by the founder of Classic FM, Nigel
The radio group currently owns three radio stations, including Fusion
107.3 FM, based in Lewisham, Fusion 107.9 FM, based in Oxford and
Millennium FM, based in South London, and sells airtime for a raft of
Reeve said the company would continue to build its stronghold of radio
stations in the South and continue to operate under the Fusion Radio
Reeve said: "The merger of Fusion and Milestone Radio makes strategic
sense. Both companies share a common belief in new opportunities in the
local radio marketplace that will benefit listeners and advertisers.
Fusion's expertise in sales and Milestone's knowledge of operating
small-scale radio makes for powerful radio service."
Separately, Fusion's new chart show airs in two weeks.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)