Case studies - Nissan Infiniti
LONDON - Infiniti is the new luxury marque from Nissan. The Japanese automotive manufacturer has been working with TMW on the phased rollout of the brand in 21 markets across Europe, including the UK. Infiniti wanted to use the web to create a buzz around the launch without a multimillion-pound advertising budget.
Infiniti used key opinion formers to generate buzz ahead of its launch
Campaign: Nissan Infiniti Europe
Aims: Nissan and TMW decided key opinion formers would play a vital role in creating that buzz and building brand credibility. The car company aimed to tap into social media to engage with consumers and get them talking about Infiniti, with the goal of driving them to the website, where they could register for the latest 'insider' information.
Execution: TMW directly initiated dialogue with consumers through blogs, community sites and discussion forums across Europe. The campaign was supported by a website for the car marque. Activity was timed to coincide with the Geneva Motor Show, at which the Infiniti was unveiled. TMW established a network of moderators across five key European markets and developed strict rules of engagement.
Results: Over four weeks, moderators engaged in more than 700 conversations and created more than 160 discussion threads in auto forums. Infiniti extended the campaign to seed and promote advance reservations for the car prior to its launch.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London