Bounty.com invests £50k in first-time dads' website
LONDON - New Dads Survival Guide, a website aimed at first-time fathers and owned by mother and baby website Bounty.com, is investing £50,000 in content in an attempt to become the UK's number one site for dads.
Bounty wants the site to overtake the current market leader, Dads-uk.co.uk. In addition to the investment, from April this year Bounty will also be promoting Newdadssurvivalguide.com via the 1.3m Bounty packs that are distributed each year to pregnant women and new mums.
Newdadssurvivalguide.com, which launched in October 2008, attracts about 5,000 unique users each month and an average dwell-time of 10 minutes. It is aimed at expectant and first-time dads of babies aged up to six months.
Some of the site's new content has already gone live and includes the "Chris Bourne's journey into fatherhood" blog, a gadgets section hosted by Jason Bradbury from Five's 'Gadget Show' and advice from columnist Matt Wyman.
James Gover, business development director at Bounty, said: "In response to user feedback, we are committed to evolving our dads' content to ensure that we meet the currently unmet online wants and needs of expectant and new fathers.
"With this significant investment and Bounty's unique ability to mobilise the UK population of expectant mums into helping drive their partners to the site, we are confident that Newdadssurvivalguide.com will quickly become the number one site and a household name amongst Britain's new dads and dads-to-be."
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director - Top London Advertising Agency c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k, Central London
- Technical Project Manager/Architect Red Sofa London £300.00 - £350.00 per day, London
- Comms Planning Director Lipton Fleming £45000.00 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Membership Royal Pharmaceutical Society c. £55K, Lambeth, London (Please note we are relocating to 66-68 East Smithfield Street, E1W in 2015)
- Planner Direct Recruitment Up to 60k plus benefits, Central London
- Head of Business Development Lipton Fleming £50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + Bonus , London