Blinkx launches web TV aggregator
LONDON - Blinkx, the video search engine, is launching a service that brings together all the British TV shows legally available free of charge on the web.
The Blinkx Remote tool aggregates full-length TV content from a range of video-on-demand services, including BBC iPlayer, ITV, Channel 4's 4oD and Demand Five.
The video service, which launches today, allows internet users to search for their favourite TV shows by season, episode, title and genre.
"The online video landscape has changed dramatically over the past year," said Suranga Chandratillake founder of Blinkx. "What was once the domain of user-generated material, has become the realm of premium TV."
Blinkx Remote filters out video spam, illegal clips and ‘inappropriate' material that has been falsely tagged. The service does not have content partnerships deals with broadcasters, but uses publicly available programme data.
A new report from JupiterResearch shows that watching video is now the most popular online media activity, with 28% of Europeans now regularly watching online clips, more than double the rate in 2006.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)