Knight Rider and Dollhouse to air in UK on Sci Fi
LONDON - The Sci Fi Channel has acquired the rights to two highly-anticipated TV dramas -- the re-imagining of cheesy 1980s David Hasselhoff vehicle 'Knight Rider' and 'Dollhouse', which is created by Joss Whedon, the man behind 'Buffy The Vampire Slayer'.
Both programmes will be part of the channel's UK digital spring programming line-up.
Apart from a cameo appearance, Hasselhoff does not dust of his cropped leather jacket and reprise his role as Michael Knight in 'Knight Rider', which returned to TV in the US where it is made by NBC following a successful 2008 TV movie.
The new series will follow the travails of Knight's estranged son, Mike Traceur (who later takes his father's surname) and his talking car Kitt, voiced by Val Kilmer.
The series premiered in the US last September.
'Dollhouse', which hit US TV screens in February, stars Buffy alumni Eliza Dushku. She plays Echo who is a member of a group of people known as "Dolls" who have had their personalities wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new memories and skills for different assignments.
The 13-part series made by Fox has received mixed reviews in the US where ratings have been low.
Whedon also made the critically acclaimed sci-fi show 'Firefly', which was cancelled by Fox after one season before being made into a cult movie.
The new shows arrive on Sci Fi UK following NBC Universal's announcement that it is changing the name of the Sci Fi Channel to Syfy on order to distinguish it from competitors. The channel's website is also going to be renamed as syfy.com.
Blog posts on Brand Republic:
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Account Director- Exciting Online Content Marketing Company- Up to £70,000 plus OTE Cedar Scott Up to £70,000 basic (up to £90,000 OTE) plus share options, Central London
- Global Product Manager Evans Taylor c£50k - c£60k p.a. plus car, bonus and benefits, North East of England or Central London
- Brand Manager Radisson Blu Edwardian, London Competitive , South Kensington, London
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR/SENIOR ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Brand Experience - London - £45 - £55k plus bonus Judi Patton £45K-55K plus bonus, London/Greater London
- Senior Planning Director, International Agency, London, to £120k Fill Recruitment Ltd to £120,000, Central London
- Interim Head of Marketing & Communications Brand Recruitment £50000 per annum, Brentwood
Integrated digital marketing offers huge opportunities to engage, servic...
Mobile marketing is coming of age, and the pace of change is now exponen...
With UK consumers spending an average of £1,083 a year online, int...
Conversational Mobile Marketing: Engage Customers and Empower Advocates (Expert Reports) External website
The pressure is on for marketers and mobile operators to embrace a strat...
As a nation, the UK is media and technology obsessed with over half of t...
All customers have the potential to become your brand advocates, driving...