npower debuts Wallace and Gromit ads
LONDON - Npower is unveiling a TV campaign starring Aardman Animation characters Wallace and Gromit, as it encourages consumers to reduce energy consumption.
The ad, by incumbent agency Beattie McGuinness Bungay (BMB), shows Wallace taking a shower when the boiler breaks down, blasting him with cold water.
As viewers see Wallace ‘naked' for the first time, Gromit fails to fix the boiler, and the duo are forced to call in npower's ‘Home Team Bob' to make the repairs.
The campaign launches on the evening of Saturday 28 March, just ahead of ‘Switch off for Earth Hour 2009' at 8:30pm, when charitable body WWF is encouraging consumers and businesses to switch off lights for an hour.
Npower signed up the characters as brand ambassadors on a two-year deal last December, ahead of the launch of the latest Wallace and Gromit 30-minute film, A Matter of Loaf and Death.
The characters have appeared in tactical press ads around this winter's poor weather conditions, and this campaign marks the first in a series of TV ads, each with a new theme around energy efficiency.
Npower became the latest utilities provider to lower prices this week, announcing an 8% cut in electricity prices on Monday. It follows similar pricing changes from British Gas, E.ON, EDF, Scottish Power and Scottish and Southern Energy.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London